Friday, September 12, 2008

Mac and Nokia: A wonderful marriage

Oh !! Its been so long since I updated. I have been thinking about writing so much but have had so little time. Anyways, so there is something pretty cool I learned today which I would like to share with anyone cares.

I have a Nokia E65 (a pretty nice phone) and am a proud owner of a hackintosh. I run Mac OS X 10.5.2 and am really fond of it. However, one thing that I truly missed on my Mac was the Nokia PC Suite. I know, I know. Its a horribly software. Junky, slow and almost impossible to use. But you see, I don't have bluetooth integrated in my laptop and I really want to send a few PyS60 scripts to my phone and had no option to do it. Or so I thought. Apparently, Nokia has moved forward from being a Windows only support to include Mac in it as well.

So, just an hour of research and I am perfectly happy and content now. I found out that Nokia provides this plugin for iSync which syncs my cellphone with my Mac almost seamlessly. Just install the sync, run iSync, go to add devices and you would see Nokia E65 in the devices sitting pretty and happy. It would sync your calender entries and my phonebook at one click.

But what about transferring file, photos and music. Well, guess what Nokia has this neat little application called Nokia Multimedia Transfer which allows user to transfer music using iTunes(yes, not much use, I know), photos using iPhoto and best of all any files using Phone Browser.

Hope it helps.

No comments: